Saturday, May 5, 2012
Wilderness Therapy: The Morning Routine
- Wake up when the sun lightens the stars away and know that the day is nearly here.
- Sit up once the sun glows warmly on your sleeping bag
- Brush off the frozen dew and crawl out
- Pack away sleeping bag, pad and headlamp
- Put on camp shoes and walk to the tree where the food was safely hung for the night
- Assemble stove and boil a half a pot full of water
- Once steaming, turn off stove and pour water into mug over a mix of instant coffee and hot cocoa
- Sit in camp chair, quietly sip coffee and watch the sunrise while listening to the birds chirp
- Reluctantly wake up students, cringe while they destroy the silence and let the circus begin.